What is BHIM app? Everything you need to know
Govt of India recently launch BHIM app in a step toward the cashless economy. Our analysis team download this app and took a deep study as a user and as Hacker point of view. We find out some good thing and some bad thing regarding this app. And it’s our duty and responsibility to explain you all about it.
What is BHIM app?
As you can see in the pic(above) BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money. As we all know Govt is trying to make India a cashless economy and BHIM app is a step forward in that direction. This app has been named after Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar and developed by NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India). The main objective of this app is to give the user an easy and secure e-payment directly through their bank accounts.
As per now, BHIM is only available for android smartphone users. But the maker has told that an IOS and Windows versions will come in few weeks. With more than 5,000,000 people already installed it and it took the no.1 position on Google Play Store.
In the latest updated version (at the time of writing this post) 7 more languages are added in BHIM app. Some more new features are:-
- User need to select from single Sim or Dual Sim
- Now you can also reset the Passcode if you have forgotten it.
- If you have any problem in the transaction you can report the issue directly to the band and also check the status of your complaint.
- People can also make a request for “Reverse payment”.
- Improved privacy settings with an option to disable mobile-number@UPI.
- A user can also verify their mobile number through USSD code.
How does BHIM app work?
First, let’s create an account on BHIM app so we can send or receive money. Here are some screen shots to help you with creating yours.
All set and done. Now you will be able to use all the features of BHIM app like Send Money, Request Money, and Scan & Pay etc.
How Good is BHIM app?
Some problem which still exists:
- When a user verifies his/her mobile number the app Rs 1.50 from mobile phone balance.
- The major and annoying problem is that it also hangs frequently. It wasn’t just with me but my friends also noticed the same issue.
- As Govt of India projected it that you can do payments even without internet connectivity. But in our test the app was unable to do any transaction without internet connectivity.
Download the BHIM app from below:
As always if you like this article or have any suggestion or want to add something more or having any trouble, share it with us in the Comments below. We love to hear from you. 🙂
Also, connect with us on all the famous social networking sites and always be updated with all our posts.